Celebrate the 300th Birthday of the Parson Barnard House in North Andover this weekend with the North Andover Historical Society! There will be an open house and a party at 179 Osgood Street on Saturday September 5th. Tour the open house FREE from 11am to 3pm and don’t miss the party with live colonial era music and costumed interpreters explaining the history of the house, all starting at 1pm. Cupcakes will be served between 4-5pm.
1 pm: Series of Informal Presentations
3 pm: House closes; Three Cups of Tea musical group
4 pm: Proclamations and Birthday cake
About the Parson Barnard House:
The Parson Barnard House (1715) is located at 179 Osgood Street and retains many of its original features, based on a documented history of this significant Eighteenth Century building.
The first owners and inhabitants of the house were ministers of the North Parish Church of North Andover, including Rev. Thomas Barnard, Rev. John Barnard and Rev. William Symmes. Towards the end of the eighteenth century the house was used as a summer home at which time the carriage barn was built.
The North Andover Historical Society purchased the Parson Barnard House in 1950 in order to preserve a typical house built in the town during the early Eighteenth Century.
The Parson Barnard House is open to the public for free on the first Saturdays of June through October from 11am to 3pm. Tours may also be made by appointment ($7 adults, $5 children under 16 & seniors over 65), please contact the caretaker by email or phone (978-685-2304) to reserve a time.